Sunday, June 6, 2010

Winter Begins


Welcome all to my Blog.


What glorious weather we have been having and we also got a lovely drop of rain. Autumn /winter is such a good time in the garden as you can work all day in the garden and not get too hot like you do in summer.
Over the last few week ends my partner and I have been preparing this garden bed and it involved removing 50 wheelburrows of dirt out and back into this garden bed. Why did we do this? We did this as there was some deep rooted grass roots that if left here would just grow and take over the garden again. Steve my partner did most of the work, I helped towards the end.
I will get a photo of it once the plants grow a little more. I have planted garlic, Kale so far and will get some more seedlings soon. This week end has been very productive as I also planted purple snow peas. I cleaned out the chook shed ( very smelly work ) and dug up and cleaned the weeds out of another garden bed. I slept well that night as I was so tired.
Anyway I realised that you can get a lot done , just by putting your mind on the job.
I have been reading about attachments and detachments when it comes to our life . We could have attachements to our material things or our feelings. I was reading that if we let go of our attachments , we are able to do more and be more. Sometimes we may be attached to how we feel about something that is stopping us from achieving. Once we analyse why we are keeping these attachments and decide that we no longer need to and detach ourselves from them, we are free to do whatever makes us happy.- read this article as it explains it well.
On Being happy and contented , I know I talk a lot about being contented and I would like to clarify a few things incase I lead anyone astray. It is most desirable to be happy most of the time, but sometimes we do feel sad and that is natural and good for us to feel sad every now and then. I always say that if you never feel sad, then you would not know what feelig happy was like. Things happen to us that make us feel sad , as long as we go back to being our normal happy self once you have dealt with the issue at hand. Also being sad makes us analyse and perhaps change direction of our lives for a better outcome. Hopefully that clears things up.
In the end you have be happy with the person that looks back at you in the mirror.
Parting Advice:
Love makes us happy and smiling at people we don't even know can bring joy to them and you when they smile back. Practice simple acts of kindness often and you will be amazed. Material wealth rarely brings everlastings happiness, love does.
Cheers for now.
Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment