Saturday, April 3, 2010

One Tonne challenge- 30 days to go




Welcome once again to my gardening blog.


Hope everyone is having a lovely and safe Easter.

My family and I have had a blissful 2 days so far and we have not drivem more than 5 km in 2 days. How wonderful .


In this time I have pulled up all the Gladiolis and replanted some strawberry plants. We have also ripped out all the strawberry plants from one of the aquaponic grow beds as they were aphid infested and no amount of garlic spray was going to get rid of them.


I am so tired now , but at least it has been done. Next thing is to get the garden beds ready for broad beans and brocoli. Time for planting garlic as well. We are going to try to plant some in the aquaponic grow beds with the strawberries as a companion plant to see if they will keep the aphids at bay.


One Tonne Challenge Update


With only arround 30days to go, I have managed to harvest more than

155kg of food.

I am so pleased. I still have quite a lot in the garden so keep posted for the final amount.



Gardening Tips



  • Gardening is fun and you can do it also . Set your self an easy target first and you will be suprised and the result will make you want to keep going. I recomend growing cherry tomatoes , they are healthy and easy to grow.
  • Canberra region vegies to grow now- Garlic, Broad beans, Kale, cabbage,cauiliflower, brocoli, lettuce.
  • mulch well to keep mositure in the the ground.
  • Gardening is also good for you - forget the gym get out there and grow some food it will keep you fit.
  • Did you know that looking at a garden or nature lowers your stress level. Surround your self with a garden and enjoy a less stressful life.

Cheers hope life is treating you well.


Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment